Thursday, January 17, 2008

TigerGate: 911 Transcripts Released

The San Francisco police released the 911 transcripts of the Christmas Day tiger attacks yesterday, revealing a few alarming elements to the story.

Excerpt from Transcript of Kulbir Dhaliwal's call

Dispatcher: They are on scene right now, but they have to stage until they are given permission to go inside.
Dhaliwal: It's a matter of life and death! How can they wait for permission to go in? (unintelligible)
Dispatcher: I understand that, but at the same time, we have to make sure the paramedics don't get chewed out. Because, if the paramedics get hurt, then nobody is going to help you.
Dhaliwal: (redacted) And ...
Dispatcher: OK, I understand that ... all right ...
Dhaliwal: Get an ambulance in here.
Dispatcher: OK, the ambulance is staging. I need you to understand. That if the ambulance people, paramedics ...
Dhaliwal: What do you mean? ... My brother's going to die out here!
Dispatcher: OK, calm down, all right?
Dhaliwal: It's a matter of life and death. ... I'm not going to let him die like that.
Dispatcher: I'll stay on the line with you. If the paramedics get hurt they cannot help your brother, so you need to calm down and ...
Dhaliwal: Send more paramedics then!
Dispatcher: You are going to be the best help for your brother right now, so you need to calm down and help him until we can get there, sir, all right? So I'm going to stay on the line with you (redacted).
Dhaliwal: Can you fly a helicopter right here? Because I don't see no f- ambulance here.
Dispatcher: OK, stay calm! You have to stay calm for your brother, all right?
Dhaliwal: Man, it does not take this long to get an ambulance out here.
Dispatcher: OK ... (redacted) Stay calm, I'm here with you. All right? I'm just - I'm going to stay on the line with you until the paramedics are with you.

via: Gridskipper & SF Gate

No comments: