Monday, February 25, 2008

Okay, So Mostly The Greenpeace Guy Was Scruffy And Smiled Nice


A day of firsts. Not only did I buy my first camera phone (wooo! now only 3 years behind technology!) I let my guard down for 5 seconds on the street and got sucker punched into giving money to Greenpeace.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Greenpeace? The Eco-terrorists?". Trust me, that's what I said.

But when contemplating your charitable donations (and let's face it, if you're going to give money, you better give it to charities that benefit animals/nature, humans are just too far gone) please consider this: While Greenpeace is lobbying in congress (a real political body with real demonstrable power) to pass clean air laws and develop off-shore wind farms, PETA relies purely on the power of celebrities (by either embracing them: Pamela Anderson; or rejecting them: Aretha Franklin) to best further their goals. They use intimidation to propagate an ideology with few tangible benefits (other than creating an army of skinny bitches, I do have my suspicions this could be our real only chance come World War III). That is why (yes, I'm going to do it! I'm going to coin them!) they're the celebro-terrorists. Why? Because anyone can make up words to identify and denigrate certain segments of society, silly. "Terrorist", "junkie", "yuppie", let's keep 'em coming guys.

Moral of the Story: PETA sucks.
Moral of the Story: Give your money to charity. Or at least your local bartender, let's face it, they can probably use it more than you.

No comments: